The Amazon Fire TV Stick range is constantly being refreshed and improved. And the latest, the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k Max (Latest Release) isn’t just any old streaming device. Instead, it’s maxed out!
CHECK OUT: 10 Best TV Streaming Devices Right Now
Simply put, this Fire TV Stick is the best Amazon offers and one of the best ways to stream content in 2022. And right now, you can pick it up for $54+.
The Max 2022 Features
- The Fire TV Stick 4K Max is at the top of the pile. It’s faster to navigate the user interface and better-future-proofed thanks to quicker Wi-Fi connectivity.
- This affordable streaming device plugs straight into an HDMI port on your TV, providing a simple solution to adding innovative services to your television. You must connect to the power source using the supplied plug and cable.
- There’s no doubt that this Fire TV Stick 4K Max is worth its asking price, especially while it is on sale ($55).
- This Fire Stick’s remote can also control your TV’s power and volume, which is super handy if you’re trying to avoid swapping back and forth between controls.
- The most significant difference between the original Fire TV Stick 4K and its new Max big brother is a considerable boost in power. This means performance is quicker and more responsive.
- Additionally, an Alexa-branded voice command button is at the top of the remote, making it easy to search for movies and TV shows, issue commands to your smart home devices, and even control the playback of what you’re watching.
Amazon’s Updated Remote
- Amazon’s updated remote gives the Alexa voice assistant a prominent blue button at the top — you’ll need to press and hold it to issue voice commands.
- Additionally, the remote has dedicated keys for Prime Video, Netflix, Disney Plus, and Hulu. While some people may not want logos cluttering up the design of the all-black controller, I found those keys convenient.
- Additionally, if you have a Ring doorbell, you can ask to “show me the front door” and get a real-time look at what is happening outside. New with the 4K Max is the ability to minimize Ring to a “picture-in-picture” box, allowing you to keep an eye on the door while you watch something else.
- Alexa commands on the remote can also control bright lights or other appliances.
CHECK OUT: 10 Best Attic Antennas For Cable-Free TV Right Now
Amazon’s New Look
- Amazon Prime Video’s new interface isn’t an improvement. It is more cluttered, with tabs and menus spread around each other menu.
- The downside to this is that this improved Fire Stick uses the Fire TV platform, which has ads featured prominently throughout.
- We aren’t a fan of our TV becoming a giant rotating billboard for content or ads when in screensaver mode. This is the issue with all Fire TV products, it is never-ending advertising.
- However, the above is an issue with Fire TV, not the Fire Stick itself, however, if Amazon Prime Video is to be your main dashboard, the updated interface should be a consideration.
CHECK OUT: 3 Top Tips To Keeping Your Streaming Services Safe
Is The Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max 2023 Worth Buying?
If you are considering getting the Max version of the Amazon Fire Stick, you can get it for $54+ right now. And it is a great choice for those looking for the best and fastest Amazon Fire TV stick. This streamer is tough to beat for those who want the quickest way to stream Netflix, Disney Plus, HBO Max, YouTube TV, and the rest.
If you can get past Amazon’s bugs and interface quirks and are looking for a fast and powerful media streamer, the new Fire TV Stick 4K Max checks nearly all the boxes. It has robust app support, opens said apps quickly, and can control your smart home.